Saturday, July 2, 2016

Thunderstorms don't frighten me


via GIPHY

Thunderstorms don't frighten me.Yes I do get goosebumps and a shiver down my spine every time the skies roar, but there's also a bolt of excitement that runs through my body. I've never been more aware of nature in all its fury, it feels like nature forces us to acknowledge its presence and power. Often we get caught up in our little bubbles of everyday struggles, but during the rains and especially during thunderstorms for a brief moment in time our bubbles burst, as we stare in awe at the forces at work that are much larger and stronger than our little lives.

Thunderstorms to me, are like a 'War dance of nature' - the thunder claps, like the resounding beating of drums riling up the forces, the howling winds like war cries instilling fear of the imminent danger,
 lightning blots of electricity that shoot across the skies like arrows, are the final blow, the weapons of wrath and destruction.

As the seas churning ferociously, belching all that is unwanted and the skies unleash havoc on our plebeian existence, for me it feels cathartic as tectonic plates of change shift, giving our lives a good 'ol fashioned purge.

No comments:

Post a Comment