Saturday, November 7, 2015

You will never know until you try!!




I have the worlds cutest maid ever!!She's new and speaks in a weird dialect of Marathi I can barely understand.Today I was making myself a cup of tea[one of the very many i drink in a day] and asked her if she'd like some,her reaction was so pure and strange at the same time,she looked away coyly and started blushing.For half a second I wondered if she understood me correctly,didn't she think i was suggesting something else? I was only offering her a cup of tea!With the immense need to clarify any confusion I told her I'm making myself a cup of tea and I'm going to make you one,to which she giggled and went back to work.

With a pipping hot cup of tea ready, I handed her the cup and plonked myself down on the nearest chair signally her to take a seat as well.To my astonishment she shook her head and sat down on the floor,now I was the uncomfortable one and decided to join her on the floor,which in turn made her uncomfortable.

We could have gone on and on, for eternity switching places to sit.It beaks my heat to see someone living in a urban metropolitan  city like Mumbai,feel so unworthy and think so little of herself that she can't sit on a chair in the house she works for.That got me thinking about a lot of the things we do or don't do in life,there are so many times we don't say what's on our mind,express how we feel or don't do things,simply because we don't think we are worthy of that.

I used to be someone who couldn't think twice about talking to someone and expressing myself,but after a while and a couple of good hard knocks life felt the need to send my way,something in me changed.I wasn't so surefooted,always questioning my thoughts and never fulling expressing myself.But off late I've decided to dispose of the veil,that i thought protected me from other people and go back to the person I was,just because I was Worth It and owed it to myself!


The last couple of weeks have been pretty weirdly interesting,so me at my gung ho best, decided to quit the project I was working on,after meeting a very dynamic and inspiring person who i hope to work with and learn so much from in the future,plunge into the turbulent unknown with no life jacket,push myself,transcend the boundaries of my mind and just go with my gut.

I've also taken the chance and asked some really interesting people if i could meet with them to have a quick talk[most of these people I barely know or have met enos ago] knowing all to well that they might just say,sorry love I just don't want to,or don't have the time for it.So far every single person I've asked has said yes and I've had the immense pleasure of engaging in some really insightful and interesting conversations.People have shared their stories,bared their souls and connected so honestly for fleeting moments i caught myself thinking am i worthy of their time and blatant honesty especially from people i barely even know.


To a future, of hopefully less blunders and more interesting and honest conversation!!And most importantly to my adorable maid its now become my life's mission to make you a cup of tea and sit with you everyday,till you are comfortable sitting on chair and sipping a cup of tea with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment