Wednesday, June 29, 2016

You were so much more...


Today I feel like a little part of me just died, at 6:15 pm my Macbook Air was pronounced dead, all attempts at recovery were futile, as the Apple service center executive delicately handed over the remains of my love. An empty shell, a black screen that would no longer light up my life.

I know you might think, this woman's lost her marbles, I know a laptop is just a 'thing' but for me my laptop was much much more, it was the medium through which I could express my deepest thoughts, celebrate my feelings through the written word and my artwork.

Many nights we spent together, my laptop playing music in the background as I burnt the midnight oil painting, reading or writing. Lazy Sundays we spent in the company of friends as we watched movies till our eyes hurt, or drunken evenings spent trying to read the lyrics of  songs that were sung horribly off tune. My laptop has seen me laugh my heart out till tears ran down my cheeks and seen me cry till I felt there was nothing left in me. It has kept me company on long drives, entertained me [sometimes with mindless chatter] and sometimes life altering words and visuals. It was my partner in crime, my confidante, my treasure trove of memories, bits and pieces of my life that very few people were privy to.

As I write this post on someone else's laptop, something doesn't feel right, as my fingers grasp in vain for the familiar delicate feel of keys I've known so well, my heart sighs... I will buy another Macbook and we will share moments and create memories but I've reserved a corner in my heart for this little fellow and everything wonderful we've shared over the last couple of years.

You will be missed dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment