Sunday, October 25, 2015

Happy tired

It's been a heady crazy past couple of weeks,with bulk orders,customised orders and of course the very  very last minute orders.The project I've taken up isn't relenting either, with meetings,meetings and more meetings,launches and get togethers.On the social life front, things seem to be following toe with birthday celebrations,catching up with long lost friends who decided to show up in Mumbai after eons and other commitments I couldn't weasel my way out of!! It sits well though that all of this chaos and madness ended with a lovely road trip to Pune, one that I've been planning to do for a long long time to meet a very close friend of mine who just had a super adorable baby girl!!

I've love getting out of the city!I haven't landed up doing as much of it as I'd like, it makes so much a difference to just get out of this chaotic city, even if its just a short drive to Pune and back.Suddenly I feel all set to take on the blows and punches the next week might bring with it.

This trip had it fair share of drama,my friend who was supposed to drive us down drank too much the night before,[the mallu he is!!]other friends who were supposed to join us made some last minute change of plans.After  much banging on the door at 7:00am,huffing and puffing and spewing the most innovative of swear words, a sleep deprived person could come up with at that hour,we all made it to Pune in one piece,with loud music blasting in the car and everyone singing at the top of their lungs[pretty much making up the lyrics as we went along]After a lovely time spent playing with little Sia,it's the mid-night conversations I love the most.I'm not sure guys rock it as well as we girls do, but suddenly when the lights are turned off and everyone in their PJ's lounging around on the bed conversation invariably takes a turn for more heart-felt.It's these small moments in life I cherish the most and live for!!


What made the trip all the more magical was ,on the drive back we were greeted with a  delightful downpour.There's something about the rain that has this ethereal magical feeling of washing away all your worries.So with raindrops seeming to take on a life of their own on our windscreen and the music taking on a more contemplative and melancholic garb I returned to Mumbai a content happy trooper!!


























No comments:

Post a Comment